Monday, May 22, 2017

Bouchra Baibanou Conquers Mount Everest


Moroccan mountaineer, Bouchra Baibanou, has made it to the top Mount Everest, the world’s highest mountain

Morocco World News reports that the news came via her Facebook page.

“I dedicate this achievement to the King Mohammed VI, my partners and my sponsors,” she said. “I have realised my dream thanks to your support and encouragement.”

The Moroccan mountaineer started her mission to conquer Everest in April with an aim to realising her bigger dream of climbing the highest mountains on each of the world’s continents - "the Seven Summits".

On her way to doing so, Baibanou climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Elbrus, Aconcagua, Mt. Blanc, Mt. Kosciuszko, and Mt. McKinley.


The 46-year-old says, “People in Morocco accept women doing adventure sports. It’s not like before. Women can do everything now. I feel lucky to be a Moroccan woman.”

SHARE THIS!

No comments: